Scholarships are awards given to graduating high school seniors, seniors who have completed their high school equivalence, currently enrolled full-time college undergraduates, or members of the congregation who plan to use the funds for continuing education.
Applicants eligible for Trinity Scholarships are:
- A current member of Trinity Church — United Methodist (TCUM).
- Have demonstrated active participation in church activities/service.
- Qualified applicants include:
- Graduating high school seniors who have completed high school or an alternative high school equivalence
- Members of the congregation who request the funds for continuing education, prioritizing education that will strengthen the ministry of our church
- Undergraduate currently enrolled in college or technical college
All recipients must be endorsed by their peers, family, and spiritual leaders as a person possessing a profound measure of character, commitment to service to church and community, and demonstrate active Christian faith and practice.
How to Apply
- Complete an online application form.
- Write an essay or a personal letter describing your educational/vocational goals.
- Provide an account of church and community service involvement.
- Describe any recognitions, honors, or awards received.
- Provide two letters of recommendation,
including the Scholarship Reference form.
(Family members and TCUM pastors are excluded as references.)
For graduating high school students:
- An official transcript from your high school or most recently attended school.
- Have the above completed materials to the Trinity Church office by last Monday of April at noon.
- Scholarship awards will be announced on Graduation Sunday.
For other scholarship applicants:
- The Scholarship Committee must receive the completed application for funds 30 days before the workshop/class/event/academic term. Additional questions about scholarship information may be directed to Trinity Church-United Methodist’s office.